Discovered by Sir Charles Day in 1814, Chlorine Dioxide has gone from being used to clean Circuit Boards to becoming one of the most versatile and effective disinfectants in the market today (that has the benefit of being less harmful to the environment than most disinfectants). In 2001 it decontaminated buildings in the US during the Anthrax Attacks. It was also used to stop the spread of deadly mold following the floods caused by Hurricane Katrina in 2017. So here are 3 reasons why you should be using Chlorine Dioxide to disinfect your homes.

You can safely and effectively disinfect fruits, vegetables and even poultry with Chlorine Dioxide.

The United States Food and Drug Administration (US-FDA) advocates its use as an anti-microbial agent to sanitize fruits and vegetable. When applied, it retards the growth of molds and yeast. It is also used to disinfect poultry. Further,  the United States Environmental Protection Agency backed this by releasing a memo in support of it in 2011.

Diluted in water, it poses no threat to human skin. Do NOT drink or ingest a Chlorine Dioxide Solution. 

The US-EPA endorses Chlorine Dioxide as an effective surface disinfectant against the COVID-19 Pandemic.  

The EPA released a memorandum in 2004 detailing it as an excellent surface disinfectant. With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic it released another memorandum in March of 2020 that cites it as an effective disinfectant against the Coronavirus, primarily because it is effective in killing the Rhinovirus – the primary cause of the common cold.

It is Cost Effective

MC Home sells Chlorine Dioxide in packs of 20 for PhP 2000, and in packs of 10 when you purchase our 2L Hand-pump sprayer for PhP 1,500. You only need 1 tablet to dissolve in a 1 to 1.5 Liter container of water to create your disinfectant solution. So your 10 tablets can make up to 15 Liters of disinfectant, or; your 20 tablets can make up to 30 Liters of disinfectant. A great cost effective stretch for such a small amount.

3 Reasons to use Chlorine Dioxide

One (1) tablet is enough to make 1.5 Liters of disinfectant.