How to Replace an Electrical Socket – What you will need:
- Philipps Screwdriver/Flat Screwdriver
- Wire Stripper
- Wire Cutter
- Insulated gloves
- New Electrical Outlet set.
What you have to do:
- Turn off the circuit. Go to your circuit breaker/fuse box and turn off the power.
- Test if the circuit is off using a voltage meter or by plugging an appliance into the socket and seeing if it will work.
- Snap off the electrical outlet’s exterior cover.
- Unscrew the existing electrical outlet.
- Using the flat screw-driver, remove each wire taking note of which wire was in the positive slot; which wire was in the negative slot, and; which wire was in the ground slot. Mark these with tape so as not to be confused later.
- Read the instructions on the back of your new electrical socket. It should indicate how much wire you should strip before placing it into each slot.
- If there are no instructions written, strip the wire as needed – usually you will need around 1.2cm.
- Insert the wires into their corresponding slots and make sure that they are locked in place. Try gently pulling them out a few times to make sure
- Screw in the new electrical outlet.
- Return the Outlet’s exterior cover.
- Return the power, taking note to see if the Outlet sparks.
- Test the outlet with an appliance. Again check for sparks.
You can also watch this video:
We would like to thank the Panasonic and their SlimArt Series for the Electrical Sockets used in this video, Check them out on our Instagram page and don’t forget to like and follow us. The Panasonic SlimArt Series is available at MC Home Depot for:
The Panasonic SlimArt Plates
– Black PhP 75.25
– White PhP 47.75
The Panasonic SlimArt Receptacles
– Black PhP 331.50
– White PhP 269.50
Interested? Chat with us on our Facebook page!