Recently we were asked by several people about a US-FDA warning about Chlorine Dioxide. Sadly this rumor seems to be spreading without people actually reading the actual warning. In the process, a lot of people are avoiding Chlorine Dioxide for  no good reason. So we thought it best to clear up the matter. Here is the truth about Chlorine Dioxide. that it is not to be ingested and is not medicine.

THE US-FDA Warning.

The US FDA Warning issued April, 2020 can be found by clicking here.

The Truth about Chlorine Dioxide

“YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DRINK CHLORINE DIOXIDE!” IT’S A DISINFECTANT.

The warning states: “Despite previous warnings, the FDA is concerned that we are still seeing chlorine dioxide products being sold with misleading claims that they are safe and effective for the treatment of diseases, now including COVID-19. The sale of these products can jeopardize a person’s health and delay proper medical treatment,” said FDA Commissioner Stephen M. Hahn, M.D. “We continue to take action and keep up our efforts to monitor for fraudulent treatments during this public health emergency and remind the public to seek medical help from their health care providers.”

It goes on to say that certain organizations:  “continue to  <sell Chlorine DIoxide>  as a remedy for treating autism, cancer, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis and flu, among other conditions, despite their harmful effects.

The FDA has received reports of people experiencing serious adverse events after drinking chlorine dioxide products, including:

    • Respiratory failure caused by a serious condition where the amount of oxygen carried through the blood stream is greatly reduced (methemoglobinemia);
    • Changes in the electrical activity of the heart (QT prolongation), which may lead to potentially fatal abnormal heart rhythms;
    • Life-threatening low blood pressure caused by dehydration;
    • Acute liver failure;
    • Low blood cell counts, due to the destruction of red blood cells faster than the body can make it (hemolytic anemia), which required a blood transfusion;
    • Severe vomiting; and
    • Severe diarrhea.

The Truth about Chlorine Dioxide

The simple truth of the matter is: “YOU’RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DRINK CHLORINE DIOXIDE!” IT’S A DISINFECTANT.

The truth about Chlorine Dioxide

Chlorine Dioxide tablets are available at MC Home Depot

You don’t drink it in the same manner that you don’t drink Alcohol, bleach or any other disinfectant. Chlorine Dioxide is one of the most effective disinfectants in the market, AND is one of the mildest as well. It is so mild that the same US-FDA has approved its use to clean fruits and poultry. Click here to read the FDA Circular. The circular goes on to say:

(1) The additive (Chlorine Dioxide) may be used as an antimicrobial agent in water used in poultry processing in an amount not to exceed 3 parts per million (ppm) residual chlorine dioxide as determined by Method 4500-ClO2 E, referenced in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, or an equivalent method.

(2) The additive (Chlorine Dioxide) may be used as an antimicrobial agent in water used to wash fruits and vegetables that are not raw agricultural commodities in an amount not to exceed 3 ppm residual chlorine dioxide as determined by Method 4500-ClO2 E, referenced in paragraph (a)(2) of this section, or an equivalent method. Treatment of the fruits and vegetables with chlorine dioxide shall be followed by a potable water rinse or by blanching, cooking, or canning.

Other Truths about Chlorine Dioxide

The following is also true about Chlorine Dioxide:

If Chlorine Dioxide interests you, then you should check out what UV Lights can do to protect your Family and Home. Click here for more information.